Tips for storing your items:
- Prepare your storage unit - consider storing all boxes and furniture on wooden pallets or plastic placed on the floor inside the unit, unless it is a climate unit.
- Maximize your space usage - you can use the space inside large appliances and other items to store smaller items.
- Stack thoughtfully - use boxes that are the same or similar in size. Stacking is often easier if the boxes are full and stacked with the heaviest boxes on bottom. This way the boxes are less likely to be crushed.
- What will you need to access at a later date? Consider putting your often-needed items towards the front of the unit and other items that you are less likely to need in the rear of the unit.
- Label your boxes - write a word or two description of the contents on the outside of the box so you may be less likely to need to pull out its contents when searching for a particular item.
- Never store hazardous materials such as flammable liquids in your unit. Never store food items. They attract pests that may cause damage to other items in your unit.
- Store your expensive items in the back of the storage unit and place larger, less movable items (such as furniture and beds) in front of them.
- Wrap your precious and breakable items with bubble wrap/newspaper/towels and place them in boxes that are at the top of a stack.